Alia has been part of the senior leadership team of ADSERO – Ragy Soliman & Partners since its establishment in 2019, first as a Senior Associate and currently as a Counsel and Head of Employment practice. She has profound experience in providing her clients with comprehensive legal support concerning local employment matters, HR matters, as well as advising clients on their day-to-day employment, social insurance, and commercial law matters.
Alia is leading the employment practice in the firm and is establishing the employment team. In addition to the above, she is experienced in advising international and multinational clients on their local employment issues, advising on all aspects of local employment law issues, employees’ performance issues and investigations and the disciplinary process, review, and implementation of internal policies. Alia also assists and handles the employment aspects of restructuring and M&As transactions.
Moreover, Alia has a strong focus in drafting and reviewing all types of commercial agreements, advising on various aspects of commercial law, including agency, distribution, intellectual property, trade & services, and export and import, in addition to advising on general corporate matters. Alia is also well experienced in the fields of banking & finance, including bilateral and syndicated loans, project finance, in addition to securities and collateral issues as well as M&As. She also worked in the TMT sector in Egypt, whereby she represented major TMT companies and a multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related products and services.
Alia also worked in the banking and finance sector. She has worked and participated in several international and local financings.
Alia has almost ten years of experience, speaks fluent Arabic, English and French and is qualified to practice law in Egypt.
- Representation of a large U.S. pharmaceutical company in all its day-to-day operations, including employment and commercial law matters.
- Representation of a large U.S. technology company in all its day-to-day operations, including employment and commercial law matters.
- Representation of a Swiss agricultural science and technology company, particularly seeds and crop protection products, in all its day-to-day operations, including employment and commercial law matters.
- Representation of a Dutch FMCG company in all its day-to-day operations, including employment and commercial law matters.
- Advising on employment redundancies and employees’ transfers.
- Advising a multinational pharmaceutical company on employment compliance, drafting templates for different employment contracts, preparing templates for all necessary documentation related to onboarding of employees and termination of the employment relationships, ratifying their internal and disciplinary regulations before the labour office, and preparing a case opinion.
- Undertaking investigations related to employee breaches and misconduct and advising on concluding such investigations, including termination of employment relationships.
- Advising a U.K. airlines company about local entitlement on retirement in Egypt, severance pay and drafting of employment agreement template.
- Advising a U.S. client with a UAE subsidiary on the employment of a local senior individual. Our advice included both an employment perspective and a corporate perspective, whereby we advised on the best set-up of a local entity and drafted an employment agreement.
- Advising various clients on Egypt’s onboarding and termination processes and preparing associated documentation.
- Advising a financial software company on employees’ transfer and the statutory requirements associated to same.
- Advising a multimedia communication company on the logistics and settlement strategies for their local country manager and handling the negotiations.
- Reviewing of employment policies for multinational companies.
- Advising a multinational dairy products company in the settlement strategies of one of its employees, including preparing a risk report, comparing the pros and cons of limited vs unlimited term employment agreements and advising on compliance with local laws. In addition to advising this client on their day-to-day operations, we reviewed their commercial agreements and handled incorporating their joint venture.
- Assisted on the acquisition of Rich Foods Industries by Ezdehar Egypt Mid-Cap Fund from 2019 through 2020. Rich Food is a leading convenience food producer focused on the chilled and frozen animal protein segment in Egypt, including beef, poultry, and turkey.
- Assisted on the acquisition of a majority stake in Ismailia Agricultural and Industrial Investments (Atyab) by UAE based Agathia from 2019 through 2020.
- Advising on anti-dumping matters.
- Assisted in the acquisition of Beltone Financial Holding by Orascom Telecom Media & Technology Holding.
- Assisted in the sale of Piraeus Bank S.A.’s Egyptian subsidiary Piraeus Bank Egypt (“PBE”) by Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait (“ABK”).
- Assisted, among other banks, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank on an export credit financing agreement granted to Egypt, acting through its Ministry of Defence, to purchase 24 Dassault’s Rafale fighter jets, a FREMM multi-mission naval frigate and missiles with a total purchase price of US$5.9 billion.
In the 2018 through 2021 editions of Legal500, she has been ranked in Employment, Corporate & Commercial and M&As practices.
In 2021, Alia was noted by The Legal 500 as: “Senior associate Alia Monieb is also recommended.”
Egyptian Bar Association
2011 - Master II in International Business Law from the IDAI, University Paris 1 Pantheon – Sorbonne.
2010 - Bachelor of Law, French Section, Faculty of Law, Ain Shams University in partnership with Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3.
STAY UPDATED WITH NEWS SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSFEED