Malak joined ADSERO - Ragy Soliman & Partners as a Senior Associate in the Corporate and Commercial department in January 2020, heading the Energy, Environment and Natural Resources (EENR) practice group and currently as a Counsel while remaining Head of EENR. She is a dual-qualified lawyer in Egypt and England and Wales. Malak's experience covers oil and gas, renewables, and energy infrastructure. She has also been involved in advising clients on sustainability and ESG issues, including environmental and governance matters.
Prior to joining Adsero, Malak was an associate at Latham and Watkins in Doha, involved in corporate and capital markets law.
- Advised international gold mining exploration companies concerning the international bid round 1/2020 for Gold and Associated Minerals organised by the Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources and the Egyptian Mineral Resources Authority.
- Acted as local counsel to Siemens Mobility in its contract with the Egyptian Government for Egypt's first high-speed electric rail system.
- Assisted in leading corporations on various ESG and sustainability-related issues, including environmental impact assessment and social governance issues.
- Advised local and international energy companies on restructuring, corporate, commercial and regulatory matters in Egypt.
- Assisted a Japanese multinational engineering and electrical conglomerate company in its joint venture arrangements with local partners.
- Acted as local counsel for the Egyptian government represented by the Ministry of Finance in updating its existing Global Medium-Term Note Programme USD-denominated Eurobond program from USD 30 billion to USD 40 billion.
- Represented underwriters concerning the USD 4 billion sovereign Sukuk issued by the State of Qatar.
- Assisted a Qatari educational organisation to establish the first business incubator in Qatar.
Member of the Egyptian Bar Association
Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Associate, Charter Institute of International Arbitrators (CiArb)
Member, World Association of Mining Lawyers
2020 - PgCert, Governance and Petroleum Development, The University of Aberdeen.
2017 - LLM, Commercial Law and Practice, The University of Edinburgh.
2009 - LLB, Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne.
2007 - MA, International Human Rights Law, The American University in Cairo.
2005 - BA, Political Science, The American University in Cairo.
STAY UPDATED WITH NEWS SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSFEED